Thank you for your interest in teaching at American Classical School, Lagos (ACS Lagos) for the 2017-2018 school year.
ACS seeks to employ Teachers, Teaching Assistants (TA), Educational Support Specialists who have practical and successful experience teaching within an American curriculum or a hybrid curriculum in various ideal teaching settings. Applicants are expected to have a minimum of three – five years teaching experience prior to applying to teach at ACS.
In addition, applicants must have college/university degrees and teaching certification or the ability to demonstrate acceptable equivalent degrees and certification; masters (post-graduate) degrees are preferred. Applicants with significant international teaching experience are preferred. ACS Lagos reserves the right to waive any requirement for specific program needs.
- A minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience in an urban school environment, with demonstrated success in helping students make significant academic progress.
- Experience managing, coaching or developing other adults in a school environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity
- Collaborative, People oriented and consensus building leadership style
- Commitment to innovation, diversity, and globalization
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve outstanding student outcomes .
- Exceptional ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Discretion, confidentiality, honesty and integrity in dealing with colleagues, staff, students, families and the community
- Demonstrated initiative and a willingness to take responsibility.
For more information:
Contact – The American Classical School Recruiting Committee